To give you greater flexibility you will not be charged a fee should you need to cancel 
your policy. T&C’s apply.

Why do caterers need insurance?

Having our specialist Caterers Insurance will protect you against claims you might receive in the event of an incident because of your actions. Our policy includes Public and Products Liability for catering which will protect you from being sued from a Third Party e.g. Client or the General Public. This can be for injury from the food your produce or damage to their property. 

Employers’ Liability, which is also available on our policy, will protect you and your business against claims, coming from employees and labour only subcontractors, whom you have contracted to aid your business. Claims may include individuals becoming injured or falling ill due to your employment.

Making sure your business is protected and compliant is essential. Exclusive to our Caterers Insurance, we can offer, access to a free Video SafeCheck appointment. This optional extra will involve a SafeCheck Consultant providing you with a comprehensive review of your business’s Health and Safety processes. Provided by the Peninsula Group.

Additionally, you may want take out Commercial Legal Protection. This provides you access to professional legal advice and representation in relation to contract disputes, legal defence, property protection and recovery of undisputed debts, to name a few. 

Get an instant quote

Why choose us for your Catering Insurance?

Fast & Simple Process

Our aim is to make buying insurance online easy, that’s why you can get a quote for your Catering Insurance policy and buy your cover in just a few minutes.

Trusted by Thousands

We have been providing insurance to UK customers for over 30 years. Today we protect over 60,000 customers each year, and uphold an excellent customer service score based on over 3,000 customer reviews. 

Monthly Payment Options

We are one of the only online Catering Insurance providers to offer monthly payment plans with 0% APR. This means you can spread the cost of your cover across 10 months.

Excellent Claims Handling​

Our specialist UK based claims handlers aim to deal with any claim you have, minor or serious, quickly, without causing disruption to your business.

What types of insurance do we offer caterers?

Public Liability Insurance

You can choose up to £5 million worth of Public Liability to cover you against claims arising from accidental injury to a client or damage to their belongings. This could be a client tripping over your equipment, or it could be damage caused to a personal affect, such as staining a household surface. Either way, in the event of incidents like these, you are vulnerable to a substantial compensation claim, as well as other associated costs.

Products Liability Insurance

This insurance extension is provided with the Public Liability cover and is designed to protect you should you receive any claims arising from any products and goods supplied by you to other parties, who may then sustain an injury or damage to their own property.

Employers’ Liability Insurance

If you employ members of staff (even just one) then it is a legal requirement to have employers’ liability insurance in place. This means that if one of your employees is injured while working, and suffers financial loss as a result, your insurer will cover you (up to £10m) for compensation.

Commercial Legal Protection

This optional benefit provides you access to a Legal Helpline and provides cover for costs and expenses, should you have any business issues relating to breaches of restrictive covenants, defence of legal rights, protecting your property, personal injury, jury service and witness expenses, statutory licence appeal, contract disputes and recovery of undisputed debts.

I was really pleased with how my claim was settled. It gave me great confidence that Protectivity covers me when the worst happens.

Fantastic claims handling

Whilst the risk is low, there is always a chance of an unexpected incident, you might have to deal with. That’s why we’re committed to making our claims process as smooth and efficient as possible.

If you need to make a claim, just click the link below, select the relevant form and fill in the details and we’ll take it from there.

How much does catering insurance cost?

The cost of catering insurance can vary depending on several factors. For example, if you employ staff then your policy will need additional cover in Employers’ Liability, at a higher cost.

You should expect to pay somewhere in the region of £60 to £120 a year for your policy or £5 to £9 a month. Comprehensive liability cover for a small price, given how expensive a compensation claim could be.

Free SafeCheck with Caterers Insurance

What is SafeCheck?

Exclusive to our Caterers Insurance you can take advantage of SafeCheck, a complimentary health and safety service offering additional protection for your catering business.

Simply book an assessment to receive a comprehensive report identifying potential risks to your business. 

What’s included in your report:

To take advantage of this service buy your catering insurance policy here

Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can you provide event catering insurance?

A. Yes, our policy is designed for those who need single event catering insurance as well as those catering at multiple events over an annual period. We have no limits in terms of the amount of events you can attend whilst being insured under our policy.  

Q. Can I include liability cover for subcontractors, who I use to aid my business?

A. This depends on your agreement with your subcontractors. Bona-fide subcontractors will have to have their own insurance cover and cannot be included on your insurance policy and in the numbers requested herein, you will be obligated to retain proof of their insurance. Labour-only subcontractors can be included on your policy of insurance, for work they provide under contract with yourself and your business only and should be included in the total numbers you provide in this application of insurance. 

Q. Does your policy allow me and my staff to provide work using Heat away from our Premises?

A. No, not for the majority of trades available to be selected herein, with the exception of Domestic Appliance Repairer, Painters & Decorators, Conservatory & Porch Erectors, Fencing Contractor, Roller Shutter/Door Installation, Electricians and General Builders, where there will be an endorsement added to your policy, allowing you to undertake work away from your premises, subject to you complying with a set of conditions outlined in the added endorsement titled ‘Hot Working and Use of Heat Equipment away from your Premises Condition Precedent’.

Q. Do you offer insurance for mobile caterers? 

A. Yes, we offer comprehensive liaiblity insurance for mobile caterers. However equipment and vehicles are not covered in this policy.

Q. Is my catering equipment covered?

A. No, there is no cover for equipment in this policy. This is cover for liability insurance only, with optional commercial legal protection.

Q. Does your insurance cover me for working overseas?

A. This cover is meant for work in the United Kingdom, however it will allow cover abroad temporarily (max 25 days throughout your annual policy), for manual work in the EU and non-manual work anywhere in the world, in conjunction with your Business only.

Have a question? Contact us...

If you have any other questions regarding our Catering Insurance, then feel free to get in touch on 01494 887909. Our phone lines are open 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. 

More information on what we can cover on this policy can be found on our FAQs page.