Underwritten by


To give you greater flexibility you will not be charged a fee should you need to cancel 
your policy. T&C’s apply.

What does Nail Technician insurance cover?

Nail technician insurance covers qualified technicians against third-party public liability claims. Public liability will protect you should a client or member of the public take legal action against you for accidental injury or property damage.

A comprehensive Nail Technician insurance policy, such as ours, will also provide cover for loss and damage to your equipment, and provide the option to add Personal Accident insurance and Employers’ Liability. 

You can easily purchase our Nail Technicians Insurance online in minutes, with the option to pay in monthly, interest-free instalments. You can get an instant quote by completing our short online quote form further down this page.

Should you have any questions about our policy, we have a UK based Sales team available. You can contact them via 01494 887909, Mon-Fri, 9am to 5:30pm. 

Get an instant quote

Why choose Protectivity?

Buying insurance made easy

We aim to make buying your Nail Technician insurance easy and understandable. We do this by making the process of buying your insurance online simple, so much so it can be done in just a few minutes. 

We make it cost-effective

We provide monthly payments with 0% APR which means you can spread the cost of your insurance across the year.

Specialists in the industry

We’re one of the leading providers of insurance for therapy and beauty businesses, meaning our experienced team can provide the after-sales support you need.

Over 60,000 customers

We’re proud to protect over 60,000 small businesses and individuals every year.    

What types of insurance do Nail Technicians need?

There are many types of Nail Technician insurance cover that are especially relevant, given the specific nature of the work involved. If you’re looking for a policy, then you should especially look out for:

Public Liability

Any client who suffers illness or injury due to your actions can sue you if they can demonstrate financial loss. This could be something as dramatic as slipping or tripping on your floor and breaking bones, or it could be damage to their eye caused by a mascara wand out of place. Either way, in the event of an accident like this, you are vulnerable to a substantial compensation claim, as well as the costs of defending yourself in court. Public Liability insurance takes care of these costs for you, depending on the level of cover you take out.

Products Liability

As a nail technician, it’s possible that you’ll be selling some products to your customers so that they can use them by themselves. However, if they suffer an allergic reaction to those products – to the point where they suffer a financial loss, such as taking time off work – you will be liable for a claim as the vendor. Products Liability insurance can cover you for claims of this nature, across certain items that you sell.

Equipment and Stock

This section of the policy will cover for damage to equipment used by you during the activities for which you are insured. You will be covered up to the limit selected against damage, loss or theft of your equipment and stock. In the event of a valid claim the insurer will cover the cost of repair or replacement of that item.

Legal Expenses

This optional benefit provides you access to a legal helpline and a counselling service in addition to legal defence costs. The cover can be upgraded further to include employment disputes, property disputes, health and safety disputes and more.

Employers' Liability

If you employ members of staff (even just one) then it is a legal requirement to have employer’s liability insurance in place. This means that if one of your employees is injured while working, and suffers financial loss as a result, your insurer will pick up the tab for compensation rather than your business or you personally.

Personal Accident

As well as covering your employees, you may also want to consider covering yourself. If you suffer an illness or injury that leaves you unable to work, then your finances will quickly suffer, especially if you’re self-employed. Personal accident cover will make sure that you don’t end up out of pocket.

I was really pleased with how my claim was settled. It gave me great confidence that Protectivity covers me when the worst happens.

Fantastic claims handling

We are committed to making our claims process as smooth and efficient as possible.

If you need to make a claim, just click the link below, select the relevant form and fill in the details and we’ll take it from there.

Should mobile and freelance nail technicians get cover?​

Absolutely. The risks of a claim are very similar for nail technicians who are self-employed, whether they work on a freelance basis or operate a mobile service. Indeed, in the case of the latter, there is a higher risk of property damage if an incident happens while visiting the home of a client. So while mobile technicians and freelancers may need to adjust the amount of cover they need, taking out a policy remains essential.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What qualifications do I need to buy nail technician insurance?

A.  You will need a qualification from an industry-recognised course provider of nail technicians’ qualifications and/or make-up artistry.

Q. Do you need to see my qualifications/certificates?

A. We do not need to see proof of your qualifications for you to be able to take out our insurance. We do, however, require you and any employees to hold the relevant qualifications or certificates for the services you are providing. Please note, that we do not accept qualifications that are obtained by a method of remote learning (e.g. internet-based training courses).

If you need to make a claim on your policy then we may request to see these documents. Should we discover that you are not qualified to carry out the insured activities, we may reject your claim.

Q. Are my tools & equipment covered?

A.  Yes, up to a value of £250 (£75 excess) as standard. Should you require a higher level of cover because the value of your equipment exceeds £250, you can increase your cover during our online quote form.

Q. Am I covered to work from home?

A. Yes. Our policy is designed to cover freelance and mobile nail technicians. Any policy that you take out will cover you and your business, as opposed to a specific address. This means that you’re covered regardless of whether you are working at home, in a client’s home or within a dedicated nail salon.

Q. Can you cover me to do treatments abroad?

A. No, our policy is designed to cover anywhere within the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, or the Isle on Man. There is no overseas cover available.

Q. I think I need to make a claim. What do I do?

A. If you need to make a claim on your Nail Technician and Make-up Artist Insurance policy then we may request to see your qualifications. Should we discover that you are not qualified to carry out the Insured activities, then we may reject your claim.

Claims are our priority, so you’ll have the undivided attention of our specialist claims handlers whose details have been provided below.

Peach Pi

Telephone Number- 0330 3141 592

Email- claims@peachpi.co.uk

Further information on our policy

If you have any other questions regarding our Nail Technician insurance policy, then feel free to get in touch with our friendly team on 01494 887909. Our phone lines are open 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.