What insurance does a Stallholder need?

Most stallholders will require public liability insurance to cover the legal costs associated with defending themselves in court should they be sued by a third party (e.g. member of the public) for injury to them or damage to their property.

Our policy includes public liability as standard, with cover limits ranging from £1 million to £10 million. We also provide employers’ liability should you employ any staff, including unpaid volunteers and helpers.

You can purchase our Stallholder Insurance for a single event that lasts up to 4 consecutive days. Should you attend more than one event a year then you may find our annual policy more suitable and cost-effective. 

To get an instant quote and immediate protection just complete our straightforward online quote form. Alternatively, feel free to give one of our UK based sales team a call on 01494 887909.

Get an instant quote

Instant Quote | Stallholder

Why choose Protectivity?

Over 25 Years Experience

Our team have been providing insurance to individuals and businesses for over 25 years. With our knowledge and reputation as reliable providers of liability insurance, you and your market stall are in safe hands.

Instant Quotes & Cover

Getting a quote for your Stallholder Insurance is so simple. Just tell us what it is you are selling or exhibiting, what cover you need and we’ll aim to give you an instant price without delay!

Competitive Pricing

We aim to deliver competitively priced policies and our Stallholder Insurance is no different. Get instant protection today from as little as £27.50.

Underwritten by Experts

Our Stallholder policies are underwritten by UK General. As one of the country’s leading underwriters of niche insurance policies, they know exactly the cover you need.

What can be included in your Stallholder Insurance policy?

We know that not every stallholder will have the same requirements. Whether you are a food vendor, a crafter or a book seller, you can build a policy to suit your needs. Here’s what we can include in all Stallholder Insurance policies.

Public Liability

Public Liability covers you should you be sued by a third party (e.g. member of the public) for injury to them or damage to their property, up to the limit you have selected. Public Liability will provide cover for the legal costs associated with defending you in court plus any damages that are deemed payable.

Equipment Cover

The items you are selling or exhibiting on your stall are likely to be vitally important to your. We can include £2,000 of cover on your policy to protect your stock, table and other items against accidental damage, loss or theft. This covers equipment that is owned by you as well as items that you have hired or are legally responsible for.

Employers' Liability

If you employ any staff or have a voluntary helper, Employers’ Liability is a legal requirement. This covers you for damages if a staff member suffered accidental injury or property damage whilst working on your stall.

Experts on Hand to Help

When you purchase your Stallholder Insurance policy you’ll be ensuring you have the services of a friendly UK-based team that will do their best to ensure you understand the insurance you need.

I was impressed how fast and efficiently my claim was handled. It was clear how to make my claim and the process was straightforward. Overall, very pleased.

Fantastic claims handling

It’s never nice having to make an insurance claim as it means something has gone whilst you’ve been selling or exhibiting. That’s why we aim to make it as quick and simple to put in your claim.

Our specialist handlers will deal with your claim in the most efficient and sympathetic manner to ensure you can continue running your stall without distractions.

Request a Call Back

Opening Hours 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How many days will my stall be protected?

A. It depends if you take out our single or annual policy. Our single stallholder policy will protect you for up to 4 consecutive days at one event. With our annual policy you are covered for 100 days of operating your stall. Therefore you could operate 100 single-day pitches, a smaller number of multi-day pitches or a combination of the two.

Q. How much does Stallholder Insurance cost?

A. Our Stallholder Insurance policy starts at just £27.50 for a single event policy and £89.60 for annual cover.

Q. Am I covered if one of my products I sell injures a third-party?

A. No, the liability insurance on this policy does not include liability arising from any products you sell on your stall.

Q. Does this policy cover event organisers?

A. No, this policy is designed to cover individual stallholders, selling a product or exhibiting items. It is not designed to cover the organisers of an event against claims.

If you are an event organiser, take a look at our Event Insurance product which can cover you for one-off events or multiple events throughout the year.

Q. What type of stalls can you cover?

A. Our policy covers the following stall types:

– Arts & Crafts
– Bags & Accessories
– Books
– Bric-A-Brac
– Christmas Gifts
– Clothing & Accessories
– Food
– Gifts
– Greetings Cards
– Jewellery & Accessories

– Media/Photography & Technology
– Merchandise
– Novelty Gifts
– Pet & Animal Accessories
– Plants & Gardening Accessories
– Promotional Material
– Skincare & Cosmetic/Beauty Products
– Stationary
– Tombola & Raffle

Further information on our policy

If you have any other questions, then feel free to get in touch with our friendly team on 01494 887909. Our phone lines are open 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.