As a hypnotherapist you aim to alter a clients state of consciousness in order to treat a particular ailment. It is important to consider the importance of having hypnotherapy insurance to protect you should a client take legal action against you for anything that could go wrong.
Medical Malpractice claims could arise if a client suffered mentally or physically as a result of negligence on your part whilst practising hypnotherapy.
Having comprehensive Public Liability and Professional Indemnity will protect hypnotherapists should they be sued because of injury to a third party or damage to their property.
The risks involved in hypnotherapy is particularly low, but should a claim arise our insurance for hypnotherapists could save you a lot of money in the long run.
What’s included in our hypnotherapy insurance?
Our policy includes the following as standard:
- Professional Liability: Protection for claims relating to physical injury or psychological damage deemed to have been caused by your chosen holistic therapy.
- Public Liability: Cover for between £1 million – £5 million for injury or damage to third parties or their property.
- Professional Indemnity: Cover against claims arising from not only what you do but also the advice you give.
Other option benefits include:
- Business Equipment cover: All of our therapy insurance products can include up to £5,000 worth of equipment cover, protecting against damage to the tools of your trade.
- Personal Accident cover: Covers you should you get injured whilst carrying out the activities for which you are insured.
- Flexible payment options: Choose to pay for your policy upfront, or take out our option to split your payments into instalments, all at 0% APR.
How are you protected?
Our insurance for hypnotists protects practitioners in a variety of ways.
Public Liability and Medical Malpractice cover both provide financial protection if you were to be blamed for a physical or even psychological injury or damage to a client or a third party.
Professional Indemnity takes this one step further, offering protection should a client deem your service sub-standard. For example, if a customer claimed that your hypnosis had failed to address the problems they were having, and stated that you were negligent in your care, you are protected.
If someone were to sue your business, your insurance cover means we would take care of the legal fees from defence costs to paying out any related damages.
Our hypnotherapy insurance product also comes with the option to add on equipment cover, working on a like-for-like basis, meaning if your equipment is damaged, we will cover the costs of a replacement to the same standard (up to the level of cover chosen).
The benefits of hypnosis
Hypnotherapy is a form of complimentary therapy which focuses on putting the client in an altered state of consciousness to address various ailments. Treatment aims to relax the conscious part of the brain whilst stimulating the subconscious part. With a heightened state of awareness achieved, the therapist is able to then make appropriate suggestions to achieve the desired effect.
The reasons people seek this kind of therapy is varied. From weight loss hypnosis, to hypnosis to treat anxiety, to hypnosis to stop smoking, Protectivity are able to offer protection for a wide range of practitioners. If you’re not sure whether your speciality is covered, just give us a call on 01494 887909 to discuss your business.
We offer multiple payment options at Protectivity, so paying for your insurance policy couldn’t be easier.