To give you greater flexibility you will not be charged a fee should you need to cancel 
your policy. T&C’s apply.

Why do I need catering van insurance?

You will need catering van insurance if you want your business to be protected against liability claims for accidentally injuring a member of the public or causing damage to their property. Our Catering Van Insurance includes Public Liability as standard.

You may also find that you need Products Liability insurance within your policy. Products Liability is designed to protect you should your sold goods cause injury to a customer or damage their property, which later results in a compensation claim. 

If your catering van business employs staff, you are legally required to have Employers’ Liability. Employers’ Liability insurance for food trucks provides protection if one of your employees or labour subcontractors were to make a claim against you for accidental injury.

Food van insurance is a broad term and covers a range of catering van types, including coffee vans, mobile pizza units, burger vans and more. Our policy is available to all of the mentioned catering types plus more. Please note this policy does not cover Motor Insurance Cover for a catering van. 

Get an instant quote for catering van insurance

Why choose us for your Catering Van Insurance?

Fast & Simple Process

Our aim is to make buying insurance online easy, that’s why you can get a quote for your Catering Van Insurance policy and buy your cover in just a few minutes.

Trusted by Thousands

We have been providing insurance to UK customers for over 30 years. Today we protect over 60,000 customers each year, and uphold an excellent customer service score based on over 3,000 customer reviews.*

Monthly Payment Options

We are one of the only online Catering Van Insurance providers to offer monthly payment plans with 0% APR. This means you can spread the cost of your cover across 10 months.

Excellent Claims Handling​

Our specialist UK based claims handlers aim to deal with any claim you have, minor or serious, quickly, without causing disruption to your business.

What types of insurance do we offer caterers with vans?

Public Liability Insurance

You can choose up to £5 million worth of Public Liability to cover you against claims arising from accidental injury to a client or damage to their belongings. This could be a client tripping over your equipment, or it could be damage caused to a personal affect. 

Employers’ Liability Insurance

If you employ members of staff (even just one) then it is a legal requirement to have Employers’ Liability insurance in place. This means that if one of your employees is injured while working, and suffers financial loss as a result, your insurer will cover you (up to £10m) for compensation.

Products Liability Insurance

Products Liability is designed to protect you should you receive a claim arising from food and drink items sold by you to other parties, who may then sustain an injury or damage to their own property.

Commercial Legal Protection

This optional benefit provides you access to a Legal Helpline and provides cover for costs and expenses, should you have any business issues relating to breaches of restrictive covenants, defence of legal rights, protecting your property, personal injury, jury service and witness expenses, statutory licence appeal, contract disputes and recovery of undisputed debts.

I was really pleased with how my claim was settled. It gave me great confidence that Protectivity covers me when the worst happens.

Fantastic claims handling

Whilst the risk is low, there is always a chance of an unexpected incident, you might have to deal with. That’s why we’re committed to making our claims process as smooth and efficient as possible.

If you need to make a claim, just click the link below, select the relevant form and fill in the details and we’ll take it from there.

How much does Catering Van Insurance cost?

The cost of catering van insurance can vary depending on several factors. You should expect to pay somewhere in the region of £60 to £120 a year for your policy if public liability is all you need.**

If you employ staff then your policy will need additional cover in Employers’ Liability, at a higher cost.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I include liability cover for subcontractors, who I use to aid my business?

A. This depends on your agreement with your subcontractors. Bona-fide subcontractors will have to have their own insurance cover and cannot be included on your insurance policy and in the numbers requested herein, you will be obligated to retain proof of their insurance. Labour-only subcontractors can be included on your policy of insurance, for work they provide under contract with yourself and your business only and should be included in the total numbers you provide in this application of insurance. 

Q. Is my catering equipment covered?

A. No, there is no cover for equipment in this policy. This is cover for liability insurance only, with optional commercial legal protection.

Q. Does your insurance cover me for working overseas?

A. This cover is meant for work in the United Kingdom, however it will allow cover abroad temporarily (max 25 days throughout your annual policy), for manual work in the EU and non-manual work anywhere in the world, in conjunction with your Business only.

This content has been created for general information and should not be taken as advice. Make sure you have the correct level of cover for your requirements. For full details on what is covered check our policy documentation with your quote.

Have a question? Contact us...

If you have any other questions regarding our Catering Insurance, then feel free to get in touch on 01494 887909. Our phone lines are open 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. 

More information on what we can cover on this policy can be found on our FAQs page.

This content has been created for general information and should not be taken as advice. Make sure you have the correct level of cover for your requirements. For full details on what is covered check our policy documentation with your quote.

*Prices refer to a quote from our website 06/10/2023. Prices will differ depending on requirements. Make sure you have the correct level of cover for your requirements. For the most accurate pricing get a quote.