Specialist Insurance for Food Vendors

If you’re a food vendor or a caterer at an event, you will likely need your own liability insurance. Our policy can provide you just that and more, with single and annual cover available. Public liability will give you protection against injury to third parties and damage to their property. 

Your policy will cover the legal costs of defending yourself as well as any subsequent settlement if you have found to be negligent. You can get an instant quote and buy online in minutes. Alternatively, give our UK sales team a call on 014949 887909 to discuss your insurance needs. 

Get an instant quote

Why choose Protectivity?

Over 25 Years Experience

You are in safe hands with us; we have been providing insurance to individuals and businesses for over 25 years and have built up a reputation as one of the UK’s leading online providers of public liability insurance.

Instant Quotes & Cover

Taking out cover is so quick and easy. Just give us a few details about yourself and your stall, and we can often give you an instant price. You can then be covered in a couple of minutes.

Competitive Pricing

We aim to deliver competitively priced policies and our Food Vendor Insurance is no different. Get instant quote online now to see how competitively priced we are.

Underwritten by Experts

Our policy for hot food suppliers are underwritten by AXA XL. One of the country’s leading underwriters of niche insurance policies, they specialise in the cover you need.

What can be included in your Food Vendor Insurance policy?

Not every food vendor at an event is going to need the same insurance protection. That’s why we make it easy for you to choose the cover you need. Here’s what we can offer on your policy:

Public Liability

Public Liability insurance will protect you against accidental injury or illness caused to a member of the public, or accidental damage to a third-party’s property. The policy will cover the costs associated with defending yourself if you are blamed, as well as handling any settlement with a third-party. 

Equipment Cover

The items you are selling or exhibiting are likely to be vitally important to your. We can provide cover on your policy to protect your stock, table and other items against accidental damage, loss, and theft. This covers equipment that is owned by you as well as items that you have hired or are legally responsible for.

Employers' Liability

If you employ any staff or have a voluntary helper, Employers’ Liability is a legal requirement. This covers you for damages if a staff member suffered accidental injury or property damage whilst working on your stall.

Experts on Hand to Help

When you purchase your Stallholder Insurance policy you’ll be ensuring you have the services of a friendly UK-based team that will do their best to ensure you understand the insurance you need.

I was impressed how fast and efficiently my claim was handled. It was clear how to make my claim and the process was straightforward. Overall, very pleased.

Fantastic claims handling

It’s never nice having to make an insurance claim as it means something has gone whilst you’ve been selling or exhibiting. That’s why we aim to make it as quick and simple to put in your claim.

Our specialist handlers will deal with your claim in the most efficient and sympathetic manner to ensure you can continue running your stall without distractions.

Request a Call Back

Opening Hours 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Is this policy suitable for food vans?

A. No, this policy is not suitable for food vans as we do not cover the van itself. This policy is more suitable for those selling food from a stand or table at an event.

Q. Does this policy cover event organisers?

A. No, this policy is designed to cover individual stallholders, selling a product or exhibiting items. It is not designed to cover the organisers of an event against claims.

If you are an event organiser, take a look at our Event Insurance product which can cover you for one-off events or multiple events throughout the year.

Further information on our policy

If you have any other questions, then feel free to get in touch with our friendly team on 01494 887909. Our phone lines are open 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.