Underwritten by

Specialist insurance for Sports Clubs from £44.55 a year*

Underwritten by AXA XL, specialty risk division of AXA, our Sports Club Insurance policy is designed to cover a wide range of sports clubs including football, cricket, badminton and netball.

Key requirements such as Public Liability and Professional Indemnity are included as standard. You also have the option to include Employers’ Liability, Directors and Officers Liability, Sports Equipment Cover and Personal Accident Insurance. Get an instant quote online.

In addition to our Sports Club Insurance policy, we can provide a policy that also covers your Clubhouse including its Building and Contents. Select the cover you require using our online quote form below.

You can build your own cover, with a number of options including Material Damage cover, Loss of Licence protection, Business Interruption cover, protection for your Clubhouse Equipment and Directors and Officers’ Liability.

Get an instant quote

Why choose Protectivity?

Policies to suit all sports

We cover a wide range of sports clubs, from competitive football and cricket teams to casual walking and rambling clubs. We’ll help you put together a policy that best suits your needs.

Excellent Claims Handling

Unfortunately accidents do happen. We aim to make the process of making a claim as smooth and as easy to follow as possible, to reduce distraction to your club’s activities.

Specialists in our field

We have been providing protection to sports clubs and organisations for over two decades, so can deliver you a bespoke policy to suit your needs and provide specialist support post-purchase.

Underwritten by Experts

By partnering with leading insurers like AXA XL, we’re able to offer you highly competitive premiums and comprehensive cover. 

What Insurance Do Sports Clubs Need?

When running a sports club there are many things that you need to consider when taking out insurance.

Public Liability

If a member of the club or another third-party were to get injured and blame the club, our Public Liability insurance for clubs and societies protects against costly legal fees to defend the club in the event of a claim. If the club is found negligent, the insurance would take care of the subsequent settlement. Liability also covers damage caused to property.

Employers' Liability

If you employ staff, whether it is on a full-time, part-time or a voluntary basis, Employers’ Liability is a legal requirement. If a member of staff was to blame the club for an injury or property damage they have suffered, your policy would cover the costs of defending the club and the subsequent settlement of the claim.

Sports Equipment Cover

It’s likely that your club will own some of it’s own specialist equipment. This could range from balls, to nets to hockey sticks and kits. We can protect your items against loss, theft and damage under your policy. 

Clubhouse Cover

As well as our standard Sports Club Insurance, we can offer a special Clubhouse Insurance policy to protect your premises. We can tailor your quote to your needs and include a range of protection from Loss of Licence to Directors’ & Officers’ Liability.

I was really pleased with how my claim was settled. It gave me great confidence that Protectivity covers me when the worst happens.

Fantastic claims handling

No matter how well your club is run, accidents do happen. That’s why we aim to make these scenarios as stress-free as possible.

According to the vast majority of customers who have had to make a claim, our dedicated team deal with the situation in a manner that meets our customers’ high expectations of us.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Why do I need Sports Club Insurance?

A. As a sporting organisation you will need comprehensive insurance that includes Public Liability and Professional Indemnity. It will help cover you if you were sued for injury or damages caused to a third party or their property. Professional Indemnity cover will protect your sports club or association for any advice, tuition or instruction which has been given by a suitably qualified member of your staff. Additional cover options that you may need are Employers’ Liability, Directors and Officers Liability, Sports Equipment Cover and Personal Accident Insurance.

Q. What type of clubs do you insure?

A. We can insure the following clubs; running clubs, football clubs, golf clubs, dance clubs, martial arts clubs, cricket clubs, ramblers clubs and associations, tennis clubs, fishing clubs and many more. If you have any questions regarding your club just give us a call on 01494 887909 and we’ll be happy to talk through your club’s needs with you.


Request a Call Back

Opening Hours 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday

Further information on our policy

If you have any other questions regarding our Sports Club Insurance policy, then feel free to get in touch with our friendly team on 01494 887909. Our phone lines are open 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.

More information on what we can cover on this policy can be found on our FAQs page.

This content has been created for general information and should not be taken as advice. Make sure you have the correct level of cover for your requirements. For full details on what is covered check our policy documentation with your quote.

*Prices refer to a quote from our website 04/12/2023. Prices will differ depending on requirements. Make sure you have the correct level of cover for your requirements. For the most accurate pricing get a quote.