If you have an informative website and profiles on the major social media sites, the next logical step is to set up a blog for your pet business. A blog is really useful in boosting your online presence even further, as the content you create supports your website and drives new customers to your business.
Regularly creating unique and interesting content to your blog is fantastic for your search engine ranking, particularly if written and optimised with keywords. Choosing the main keywords that your customer will be searching for and including them naturally within your content will increase the chances of your content being read. Google loves to see active and professional websites, so the more quality content you create, the higher up you’ll find your website.
By injecting some personality into your blog, something you may not be able to do on your business’ website, your customers will be able to make a personal connection with you. Give advice and introduce the team through photos and success stories to establish you and your team as an authority in your business field. This will give you the edge over other local pet businesses.
A successful blog will help drive traffic to your website so it’s important that navigation is easy and all essential links are present and correct. Once customers visit your website they should be directed into taking action; this could be signing up to a newsletter, email updates, or making a consultation appointment. Make it easy for people to get in contact with you by prominently displaying contact details.
– Identify your audience and tailor all of your content towards them – the more relevant, the better.
– What do you want your customers to take away from your blog? Whether it’s advice, ideas, or reviews, be clear on what you’re delivering.
– Eye-catching headlines will make people more likely to read what you have to say.
– Each blog post should consist of an introduction, a body and a conclusion but you can mix it up by using bullet points, images, short paragraphs and sub-headings.
– Always finish your article with a call to action.
– Whether you want them to visit your website, subscribe to a newsletter, or leave a comment, directing them to do so will increase engagement and interaction.
– Post regularly to keep your subscribers interested.
– You could use a content schedule to help spread your posts out evenly and prevent any quiet periods.
– Make sure your blog has social media buttons to make it easy for readers to share your content with their friends. You can also promote blog posts through your own social channels.
To stand out from the crowd and really make the most of your blog, be sure to keep your content fresh and interesting. If you need some help thinking up content ideas or themes, read our blog post on diversifying your pet business with social media. We’ve also got your insurance requirements covered. Specialist pet business insurance from Protectivity is available online.
We’re one of the leading providers of insurance for pet businesses, and we offer a variety of tailored products such as Dog Walking insurance, Pet Sitting insurance and Dog Grooming Insurance policies.