With recent research suggesting that 1 in 3 consumers prefer eco-friendly options, how can you ensure you do your bit to maximise sustainability in hairdressing?
Let’s take a closer look at just some of the ways you can approach your job in a more sustainable and eco-friendly way.
We are specialists in the provision of hairdressing insurance. Our Hairdressing and Barber Insurance can typically include cover for equipment, stock and supplies you are likely to own, together with essential public liability insurance. Plus, optional cover including employers’ liability insurance, personal accident, and equipment hire cover.
– Consider switching to reusable hairdressing gloves and paper instead of foil for hair colouring;
– Investigate disposable, eco-friendly hairdressing gowns;
– Use refillable salon-sized shampoo and conditioner bottles;
– Choose sustainable and eco-friendly products – there are lots of cruelty and paraben free products available for professionals;
– Switch to eco-friendly bamboo brushes and hairdryers.
– Delivering a safe, hygienic, and professional service to each and every client demands a constant supply of fresh, clean towels and linens;
– That imposes a considerable load not just on your washing machine but on your pocket, too – as you watch your energy bills grow ever more expensive;
– Consider a switch to biodegradable and totally recyclable single-use linens and towels – EcoTowels can answer some of the frequently asked questions.
– On the subject of an overloaded washing machine, you can tackle some of the environmental harm caused by your use of energy by switching to a green or greener supplier;
– On the 25th of August 2021, T3 listed some of the best-value green energy suppliers in the UK – so that you can do your bit for helping the environment whilst also saving money on the energy you consume;
– As you travel from client to client and salon to salon you might want to encourage the people you meet to follow your lead in switching to a green energy supplier.
– You might also want to reinforce that message by encouraging clients to replace existing showerheads with some of the newer, far more efficient, showerheads that can reduce water consumption by as much as 80%;
– As you travel from one client to another, try as much as you can to group certain clients in the same area and do them on the same day – Saving yourself fuel costs – and the planet.
There is no silver bullet when it comes to running an eco-friendlier and sustainable hairdressing business. The secret instead lies in a range of actions that will refocus your approach to the job at hand.
Small changes can make a big difference and before too long, sustainability in your hairdressing business will become your instinctive approach and underlying state of mind.