What does our Street Party Insurance protect?

Our Street Part Insurance falls under our One-Off Event Insurance policy and is designed to offer comprehensive protection to individuals and organisations who are organising a single event, such as a King’s Coronation street party

We include Public Liability for Street Parties which will protect you if a third party makes a claim against you for causing physical injury or damage to their property.

Additional cover options include Employers’ Liability and Equipment Cover, plus Event Cancellation if you are organising an event. You can tailor your Street Party Insurance to meet your requirements. 

To get an instant quote and immediate protection simply complete our online quote form. Alternatively, feel free to give one of our UK based sales team a call.

Get an instant quote

Why choose Protectivity?

30+ Years Experience

We have been providing insurance for over 30 years and are passionate about providing complete, tailored cover to meet your needs. Our highly experienced UK call team are also on hand to help you if required.

Expert Claims Handlers

Should you need to make a claim our skilled UK based claims team will ensure you are dealt with in the most sympathetic, efficient and professional way possible. 

Instant Quotes & Cover

Whether you are looking for one day public liability insurance or something that spans multiple days we can provide you a competitive quote instantly.

Underwritten by Experts

Our Street Party Insurance is underwritten by AXA XL who are experts in the event insurance industry. 

What does Street Party Insurance cover?

There are four broad sections of our policy, providing you with cover in varying ways, whether you are organising an event or taking part in one as a stallholder. 

Public Liability

We can provide either £1m, £2m, £5m or £10m worth of Public Liability insurance for street party. This will protect you should a member of the public suffer an injury or cause accidental damage to a third-party’s property and blame you as the event organiser for the incident. Our Public Liability cover will meet the needs of your venue or local authority.

Employers' Liability

If you have any helpers, volunteers or employees at your street party (unless they’re sub-contractors with their own Public Liability), you must take out Employers’ Liability. Up to £10 Million Employers’ Liability can be added to your policy at a small additional cost.

Equipment Cover

This provides you with cover against accidental damage, loss or theft of equipment owned by you, or for which you are legally liable for (e.g. leased out or hired), whilst at, or in transit to, the event. 

Event Cancellation

If you are hosting an event, we can provide up to £15,000 worth of protection should you be forced to cancel or rearrange your event due to Adverse Weather only. You can get your event cancellation insurance quote below.

 I was really pleased with how my claim was settled. It gave me great confidence that Protectivity covers me when the worst happens. 

Fantastic claims handling

However well you set up your event, accidents do happen. And when things go pear-shaped we’re committed to dealing with it in the best manner for you. The vast majority of our customers who have unfortunately had to claim have been delighted with the manner in which we handled their situation.

Request a Call Back

Opening Hours 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Will I need Employers’ Liability Insurance? 

A. If you have any volunteers or paid staff at your event then you will need Employers’ Liability as a legal requirement. We would expect all sub-contractors to have their own insurance. 

Q. Is there a limit to how long my event can go on for?

A. If you are the event organiser then we can provide cover for events lasting up to 5 days in duration. If you will be attending as a stallholder or hot food vendor, we can provide protection for a single event that lasts up to 4 days. 

Q. My event takes place next week, can you still cover it?

A. Yes we can offer cover for an event even in the week it is happening.

Please note that for any events taking place within fourteen days, there will be no option to include Cancellation cover. 

Q. What is included under ‘Event Equipment Cover’?

A. This benefit provides cover for the items owned, hired or leased to you and used for the sole purpose of the event.

Covering accidental damage, loss and theft the policy provides up to £2,500 worth of cover for each item. Equipment covered under this policy includes marquees, tents, stagings, machinery, generators and other ancillary items such as merchandise and lighting.

Q. What constitutes ‘Adverse Weather’?

A. For your policy’s Cancellation cover to come into effect under the Adverse Weather clause we require either a health and safety official or appropriate emergency authority to certify that it is dangerous or reckless to hold the event.

We may require you to provide photographic evidence and Met Office records in the event of a claim under this benefit.

Q. Are there any activity types that you are not able to cover?

A. Yes we have a list of ‘Hazardous Activities‘ that we are unable to cover on this policy.

If there will be any third parties exhibiting or trading at your event who will be engaging in any of these events, they must have their own Public Liability insurance in place.

Further information on our policy

If you have any other questions regarding our One-Off Event Insurance policy, then feel free to get in touch with our friendly team on 01494 887909. Our phone lines are open 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.